Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Chosen Quotations

For one reason or another, these are the quotes I would bring. The last one, though, just makes me laugh out loud and hearing the sound of my own laughter on a deserted island might break up the monotony of the day.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and angels. - Pearl S. Buck

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

4 comments:

mimikatemom said...

1. To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, wether by a healthy child, a garden patch…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!” –Emerson

2. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, and honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all which have the potential to turn a life around.”-Leo Buscaglia

3. “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Love as if this is all there is.” –Mary Anne Radmacher

4. “Think of life as a terminal illness, because, if you do, you will live it with joy and passion, as it ought to be lived.” –Anna Quindlin

5. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” –Emerson (attributed)

Nicole said...

Erin, you're awesome.

mimikatemom said...

Right back atcha babe! :)

Great idea for a blog btw.

karmadog said...

"To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."

-- Lao Tzu

That's all I got for now!